So this week was pretty great, especially because we had a member of the Area Seventy, Elder Morôni Torgan, come to our mission. He gave us some really inspired counsel for the vision and direction we could take individually and as a mission. He spoke a lot about how to courageously follow the Spirit, which was something I always need to improve. He knows the scriptures like the back of his hand and it was really neat to see him (without scriptures in his hand) saying "Let's meet in [book/chapter/verse]" and a hundred and fifty missionaries trying frantically to keep up with all the references he was using.
In other news, we had a really great week and taught tons of people. Sister Muro and I had a new goal to knock doors according to the promptings of the Spirit, and I can't explain how but it went really well. We managed to find a bunch of new families, including a couple named Isaías and Sueli who are really great. Isaías has a lot of curiosity about all sorts of things and is really eager to come to church, even though he wasn't able to make it this week. We also have another investigator named Orlei, who came to church this week and liked it a lot. He has some difficulties in life and the gospel will bless him a ton. I'm putting my faith in the promise that the elect are wherever you go, as Elder Torgan told us, and it doesn't really matter where you are, because the Lord pours out his Spirit on all the people here (I really love Alma 13:24 and Alma 16:16, which talk about exactly this). The other sisters had a baptism last night and their investigator, Jeferson, is exactly an example of one of these prepared people. We had a little hiccup in the beginning where someone had drained the font, and since it doesn't fill that fast, we had to do the classic "dash to and from the kitchen with buckets of water" act, which was actually the first time this happened to me in my mission. But the rest went smoothly and the baptism was great. I also spoke in church yesterday, which was pretty cool. My topic was the Restoration, so I was doing my best to reach the focus of my talk (our responsibility to share these blessings with others) without actually teaching the first lesson from the pulpit. But I think it went well and everyone liked it.
Anyway, that's about it for now, but I'm doing great and hope you all are doing well too!
Sister Anna Nielsen

No comments:
Post a Comment