Monday, June 30, 2014

June 24, 2014 - Brasil Week 23 (how it sure flies)

Hey folks in far places!
So this week was pretty great, minus the World Cup,which we had to stay in casa for. Not that I don't like a rest once in a while, and it's good to have extra study time, but it drives me nuts when we can't leave and work.
Eliete got baptized this last Saturday and my goodness, it was one of the toughest baptisms I've ever had. Not with Eliete herself; she's incredibly elect and was completely prepared and excited for baptism. But it was one of those cases when illness, familial opposition, communication problems, lack of church keys, and just plain ol' adversary interfering made it super interesting. But it happened, as well as many last-minute miracles; she was confirmed in sacrament meeting the next day and is really pleased, and I only have a few more white hairs. Kidding, kidding, missionary work is always meant to be like this and it's awesome. Just the joyful burden of discipleship!
In other news, this week was pretty quiet, though we ran around a lot and talked a lot of different people. The two ways that we get new investigator in this mission are through referrals and "eficient contacts" and thankfully we had a lot of those this week. Now we just need to bring everyone to the church on Sunday so they can receive even more blessings! We have one investigator, Aginaldo, who is basically ready to get baptized but didn't go to church this week because his parents got married. We'll start teaching the whole family again and I hope they can all progress together. We're still working with Juliana to get baptized this week, but we lost contact these last couple days and now I want to know what's going on. We also received a referral from the bishop: a family member of a member wants to get baptized this weekend, which is great, so we'll start teaching her today.
Mom, Dad, and my lovely brothers and sisters (and also Grandma and Grandpa and Becky), I've got a special request for you. So this mission is working a lot with the booklet "My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together" to help members start their geneaology and I've decided that I want to fill it out myself. But I want to make mine a real gem, something that encourages others to fill it out as well. Unfortunately, I have no access to Family Search or social networks to get info and I have only an hour to talk with you all each week, so I need your help. I need to send me information (birthdates and locations, wedding dates and locations, death dates and locations, interesting stories, PHOTOS). Send me your own information and that of your parents and grandparents. Even better, get ahold of the booklet and fill it out with me. It goes until great-grandparents on both sides, so anything you have is appreciated. Thank you SO much in advance!
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful spiritual week, full of miracles. I'm also going to have a week of miracles (sure need to write in my journal more), so I'm excited to tell you all about it next Monday (or Tuesday or Wednesday. We might be going to the temple so I really don't know when next I'll write.) Love you all!
Sister Nielsen
Photos: Eliete's baptism! The other person is her mom
Our wacky zone. I'm quite fond of this bunch



No comments:

Post a Comment