Saturday, June 7, 2014

April 14, 2014 - Brazil Weeek 14 (already...)

Hi everyone!
So what happened this week is that I got emergency transferred... I still don't know why. But as I said last week, they're actually really common and President has told us that it's not necesarily an emergency if we get transferred in the middle of a transfer, because he doesn't want us to get too comfortable in an area. So I'm now in Tarumã, which is this kind of hilly area in the middle of the plain that the rest of Curitiba and the metorpolitan regions are in. So we get some pretty amazing views and the sunset is breaktaking almost every night. My new companion is Sister Muro (from Peru), who I absolutely adore. She was the favorite companion of Sister Lima, so I feel like I already know everything about her (and only positive things too. To quote Sister Lima, "her only defect is that she likes to clean things!") I forgot to take a picture of our house, but it's absolutely lovely. It looks like a dollhouse and is super neat and roomy. We were living with two other sisters (Sister Garnica and Sister Carbone, both from Argentina, so I'm gonna learn Spanish) but they're actually moving out today, because we've been on the floor these past few days. So starting today, we get the house to ourselves, which is a little sad because I'm used to living with another dupla now.
 In this new area, basically the only thing we've done these last three days is teach lessons, which is another reason why I love this area. The people here are really open and let us in all the time. Since we were doing a lot of finding, this is a new experience for me, but it's great to practice so many lessons with a new companion. Every lesson is different, so I'm learning a lot in terms of teaching skills and generally how to converse with people about imprtant topics. Sister Muro is really good at not being a "rut" missionary, ie. teaching the same exact way for everyone we encounter. She's remarkably talented at tailoring the leson to the needs of the investigator, which is great for following the Spirit. We've gotten some really remarkable responses from people because we said the right things at the right time, thanks to spiritual promptings. As I said, we're finding a lot, but we have one great investigator family (Gisel and Elizangela). The two kids were baptized recently (and Mateus passed the sacrament yesterday!) and the parents are in the process of getting legally married so they can be baptized too. They're really firm, which is so great to see. I love these people already. 
Anyway, there's still a lot of stuff I don't know, so I'll learn a lot this week. But I love my new area and I'm so excited to work here. Love you all!
Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment