Hey folks in other places,
Life is good and interesting, so I'll try to summarize some things that are happening. So for the past two weeks that I've been here in Interlagos, I've been in a trio a bairro called IndianĂ³polis. It's really upscale, with tons of skyscrapers, and reminds me more of New York City than anything else. Our area is enormous (eight bairros), so we use the bus a lot to get to and from our appointments. We also a sizable favela, but since the elders before us were robbed three times we have a lot of rules about when and with whom we can enter the area. Other than that, it's a pretty secure place.
My companions right now are Sister Oler and Sister Mendez, who are from Colorado and Bolivia, respectively. I love 'em a lot but I don't know how much longer I'll have with them, because President Pinho doesn't like trios very much and only does them as a last resort. But this area is really amazing, in part because the members of the ward are so involved and help out so much. The missionaries see a lot of miracles here just because of the love people have for us.
Unfortunately we weren't able to work a lot this week because the other sisters got really sick and couldn't leave the house, as much as they wanted to. (I'm still in perfectly good health, by the way). So I studied and cleaned a lot and the members gave us lots of food. The sisters are still not in the best of health so I'm not sure how much we will be able to do in the future, but I'm praying a lot for them and this area.
Sorry I'm boring; I'll try so send some pictures or something. Love you all!
Sister Nielsen


No comments:
Post a Comment