So tons of great stuff happened this week; I'll see if I can sum it all up...
The biggest news is that one of our investigators, Fernando, got baptized! So really quick, he's awesome. He's a thirty-something guy who is enrolling in the Federal Police now and has a whole lot of charisma. Also, he was super Catholic (at one point he was studying to become a padre) He's been kinda investigating the Church for four years now, but he only started seriously investigating a month ago. One of his friends is a member (Karina, this sweet lady with two young kids) and we've been teaching him in her home. So these last three weeks he basically had a conversion worthy of a Church history movie. He has the firmest testimony of the Book of Mormon and loves this church to death, even with all of the questions and difficulties he had to work through. We took him to the São Paulo temple Saturday and went through the baptismal interview questions with him to show him that he was truly ready. And that was an awesome lesson. He had the interview that night after stake conference and Sunday evening he was baptized. He bore his testimony afterwards, which I wish I could have recorded, because he sounded like a member of 20 years. Half the ward was there and pretty much everyone cried. It was the best thing ever.
In other news, stake conference was this week and it was fabulous: Elder Costa of the Area Presidency came to our stake and spoke (he is crazy direct, that man) and Sunday we had a broadcast with Sister Stephens, Elder Scott, and Elder Ballard. I had no clue that Elder Scott spoke Portuguese, so I (and the rest of the stake) were totally stunned when he gave his whole address without a translater. It was really really spiritual, I have pages of notes.
We also had a conference with the entire mission this week, which was great for getting to know a lot of people. President Dalton will leave at the end of this month and President Dalton will arrive. We're all praying and fasting for Sister Dalton so she can learn the language quickly.
Sister Mendez was still pretty sick this week, but we managed to put on a great ward activity on Wednesday. We made an iron rod obstacle course (which looked awesome; wish I had thought to take a picture) and we had some 40 people show up, which was way more than we were expecting. We forgot to ask, but the thoughtful members brought tons of food (for the baptism, too) so there was plenty of cake for all.
Sister Oler and I got transferred, so I will head to a new area tomorrow and have even more adventures. Wish I could tell a little more, but time ran short, so I shall see you all next week!
Sister Nielsen
Photos:
Me and Fernando and Karina´s kids, Rebekah and Néfi, at the temple!
Fernando's baptism!
This really spiky tree is pretty popular here



No comments:
Post a Comment