So the big news this week is that Daniel got baptized! I think I mentioned that he moved to Vila Oficinas this week, but since it's pretty close (in our district) we got permission to attend the baptism. I've only known him for a few weeks, but my companion has been working with him for three months, so she was over the moon about the whole thing. It really was a miracle, because Daniel was so firmly committed to the traditions of his family, but he changed a whole lot in order to get baptized. I really love seeing the effect the gospel has to truly improve someone's life.
Another awesome thing: so we got to go to the temple this Thursday, which was a huge blessing. I was a bit worried about being able to understand everything in Portuguese, so I prayed really hard that the language wouldn't be a problem and miraculously, it wasn't. The temple here is small and beautiful, and even though it's right in the middle of a busy downtown part of the city, it still felt separated from the rest of the world. It's a really big blessing to have a temple so close and to see the impact temple blessings have on the members here.
Apart from that, our week was pretty normal, with a lot of finding new investigators. We're going to teach all the lessons to a nine-year-old boy in the ward this week so he can get baptized Saturday, and we're also going to set a date this week with one of our investigators, Kevilin. We're also going to work really hard with the rest of his family, because they're all pretty great.
So that's about it, but thanks so much for your letters and support!
Sister Nielsen


No comments:
Post a Comment