First off, I'm sorry that I haven't sent any photos in a while. The reason is this: we're not actually allowed to carry our cameras with us while we work, because of risk of theft and everything, so the truth is that I haven't actually taken any pictures since arriving here in Eliana. There's not much of interest that isn't outside of our house, but I'll see what I can do this week.
We do have one great, elect lady who will be baptized this week! Fatima, who's a hairstylist who lives on the road next to our house. She came to church for the second time this week and loved it (she was taking notes during the sacrament meeting talks and showed me afterwards. She'd written a bunch of stuff like "How to apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life", "repent daily", and "show God that I'm willing to make true changes") It was just amazing to see how she got more out of sacrament meeting than perhaps some of the lifelong members, just because she listens. We will to everything to get her ready for her baptismal date of this Saturday.
Besides this, not a lot of interesting stuff going on. Work is normal; we're coming out of winter into a rainy spring. As a mission, we have a sisters'-only conference this Wednesday, and ther's a wild rumor flying around that Elder Holland will be there, because he's coming to Santos this week. But we'll see who will really be there.
Mom, thanks so much for all the family history stories; people absolutely love the My Family booklet when I show it to them. Dad, I need a few more stories from your side of the family, but I've already put some stories I remember about Grampy and Granny and their parents.
Sorry I'm boring; love you all, and you can expect photos next week!
Sister Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment