Where has the time gone? It feels like we have so much to do in these last couple weeks. We went to one of our investigator's church services yesterday afternoon, which was pretty neat. This was an African Methodist Episcopal church, which was different than any others I've been to before, but it was a great experience and the music was amazing. We felt like we stood out a little, though, because 1. we had nametags, 2. we were the only white people there, and 3. everyone around us looked like a model. Seriously, the entire congregation seemed to be the prettiest teenagers I've ever seen. They were all so nice to us as well and Mike was so pleased we came. We're inviting him to our church next week and hoping he takes us up on the offer. Since we went down to Mandarin to go to the church (which is out of our area), we also stopped to check on our Brazilian investigators again, but sadly, none were home.
Mark will be getting baptized two weeks from now. He feels like he needs a little more time to be ready for his baptism, but when he said "more time", we were expecting a few months, not two weeks! He read and prayed a lot and picked his new baptismal date himself, which was pretty amazing. We'll be seeing him tonight and I'm looking forward to the next two weeks with him so much.
We had tradeoffs this week but the sister training leaders are actually in our ward, so we were in the same area, just working with a different pool of investigators. It was a lot of fun and so nice not to drive for a bit! Sister Parmer has been in this ward for the last 9 (!!) months, so she knows all the members and investigators really well.
That's about all I have right now! I promise what we do isn't boring, but my mind goes blank once we have to do emails. We always seem to skip lunch on P-days so I'm starving right now. I will likely get my travel plans next week and then there will be a lot of work to prepare for new missionaries and pray over what is best for each of our investigators. Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Sister Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment