First, it´s really weird to use English, because this is the only time all week that I really need to think in it. So try to take my spelling errors as a good sign. According to this computer, all the words are spelled wrong, so bear with me.
Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday! I actually had an amazing birthday, though when my companion asked when it was, I accidentally said dezesete instead of dezeseis without realizing. So I had a relatively quiet birthday and then the next day, the entire ward, seemingly, descended on our apartment with an overabundance of cake and pizza and cute scented lotions. It was the best, though I didn´t dare tell anyone that my birthday had actually been the 16th.
The ward here is pretty fantastic and really friendly (and patient). We had two investigators come to church yesterday, André and Otávio, and they both felt really welcomed and happy (though Otávio´s actually been coming for a while and is kind of a fixture now. We´re hoping to get him into the water soon).
The language is at times quite frustrating, partly because my prideful heart wants to be perfect and all. But I can, for the most part, understand the majority of conversations, though it´s a little harder to respond as easily. Luckily, most people here are really nice and patient with me, although the often try to respond in English, which is usually more difficult to understand than anything they say in Portuguese. I am pretty much at the edge of where the city turns into square blocks and high-rises, so our area covers both that and some more spread-out, forested (and hilly) neighborhoods. I understand that there are some more rural areas of the mission, but then again I don´t really know. I´ve only been here and then to zone meeting in the center of the city. It´s also really amazing to be able to feel the spirit while teaching, even in portuguese.
I have tons more to say but only four minutes left on this computer, so keep asking questions and I´ll address them next week. I was going to sent some pictures but there are some difficulties and all the settings are in Portugues, so until next week!
Love you all,
Síster Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment