Monday, March 10, 2014

Brazil Week 9 or so

Hi everyone!
It seems like I just barely wrote my last letter to everyone, so I'll see if I can write a new one without repeating everything I said last week. So the big news is that Luiz got baptized! It was a really amazing experience, though the lesson teaching the doctrine of baptism and then recommitting him was one of the hardest of my life. But he was baptized Friday and then received the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday, which was really great to see. He's really really happy and we'll be having a family home evening with him tonight.
We also had our mission conference on Thursday with two other zones, so it was really fun to see some friends from my first area (sadly not Sister Medrado; she's way in Ponta Grossa now). The area presidency here announced a new baptismal interview question last week about the Book of Mormon, so President Monteiro explained how we can implement this into our work and then each companionship 25 Livros de Mórmon to take home. We also received lots of pans and other random things, so it was a little crazy in the office after the meeting. Rafaela, President's 9-year-old daughter was calmly running the entire operation. My goodness, how I love that family. His three kids go to a military school, so they're master planners and operators.
Sadly, not much else has happened in the last five days, except that various health complications arose among the other sisters and there were two more trips to the hospital, as well as a lot of running around to find the right medications. (There was also some arguing with groucy doctors who were trying to separate companionships for examinations and stuff). But I have a lot of hope that this coming week will be filled with sunshine, effectiveness, and many progressing investigators.
Well, that's more or less it for this week, but thanks so much for all the love and support I get from all of you!
Much love, 
Sister Nielsen
Pictures: Luiz's baptism! From left to right: Sister Bergloff, Sister Lima, Luiz, me, Sister Bell
Also, some of you were wondering what our house looks like. The one room is on the left of the front door, and then the bathroom is on the right. You can also see the fence of the basketball/any other sport court, where I like to run in the morning




No comments:

Post a Comment